Last weekend, I came across one friend of mine whose iPhone app crashed and that caused her contacts to be wipe out. She have to re-create her contacts one by one, a tedious process indeed.
Below I will put together a series of solutions to ensure I have it all covered!
Sync contacts with your iOS device
To sync your Google contacts with your Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch), we recommend using CardDAV, which is an Internet open standard. When you sync your Google contacts using CardDAV, you’ll be able to edit, add, and remove contacts from your device and keep them in sync everywhere you use them.
Here’s how to sync your contacts to your device:
1. Open the Settings application on your device.
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Select Add Account...
4. Select Other
5. Select Add CardDAV Account
6. Fill out your account information in the following fields:
- Server: Enter "google.com"
- User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password.
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
7. Select Next at the top of your screen.
8. Make sure that the "Contacts" option is turned to ON.
After you've completed setup, open the Contacts app on your device, and syncing will automatically begin.
More info on this set up can be found here:
If you are not using Gmail, you might want to consider using iCloud as a form of back up, do visit the link below to see how to set it up.
I strongly recommend using Gmail as your main Email Client as it carries many useful features and it will keep growing. Especially if you are using Google Android Smartphones like Samsung Note 2 or S3, this step should already set up and if you are not, you are underutilizing your phone capabilities.
What if you need to recover deleted iPhone contacts, knowing you have the habit of backing up your iPhone using old school method via iTunes backup? Refer to this link:
You are using Android Smartphones like Samsung S3 or Note 2?
Here is the link:
You are moving from iPhone to Android Smartphone? How to transfer your contacts over? Here it is:
It is imperative to always update your phone software ‘cause usually it contain bug fixes and performance enhancement. Especially when it comes to using Apple iOS. Let me know if you need any other solution pertaining to your smartphone contacts...